Monday, July 28, 2014

A Shout-Out for The Purple Cows Hot & Cold Laminator!

   

I have to give a shout-out about one of the best things I've purchased for my classroom in a long time. I bought it on Amazon.com and it's the Purple Cows Hot & Cold Laminator!  I use this thing all of the time!  I used to have to wait for "laminating day" to get things laminated and sometimes pieces would get lost after a trip to the laminator.  But now, I can laminate whenever I want to.  This laminator is for small items (8 1/2" wide or smaller), and that's perfect because I mostly laminate small items.  The lamination at my school is thinner than the lamination pockets that come with the Purple Cows laminator.  I find the lamination at the teacher store to be thinner, as well.   I think that they must have ordered thinner laminate than they used to have in previous years.  Last year I had my student name tags laminated at the teacher store in August and they fell apart in the fall...so frustrating!   Of course you can laminate stuff at the big-box office supply stores, but it's super expensive.

I ordered my Purple Cows laminator last summer for $25 which included 100 hot pockets in different sizes.  I still have some left a year later.   The Purple Cows laminator does hot and cold laminating, but I admit that I've only tried the hot lamination.    This laminator is small enough in size, so I can take it back and forth between school and home easily.  If you're a bit of a control freak like me and you want to just get things done immediately, then you'll love having this laminator in your classroom!

Here's a photo of a couple of the things I've recently laminated.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment