Thursday, July 24, 2014

Are you having trouble remembering all of your usernames and passwords?


Are you constantly forgetting your usernames and passwords for educational apps and websites you use for teaching?  Everything that we do now requires a username and password.  And every site or app requires a certain number of characters, symbols, letters, and numbers.  So you can't easily use the same username and password since all of the requirements are different.  Of course when you forget your user info, you have to go through some crazy procedure where they send  information to your e-mail and you have to create a new password.  It's a HUGE hassle.

I used to write down all of my usernames and passwords on a sheet of paper in my plan book.   Real high tech!  Eventually, it looked like something that had been through a war zone due to all of the cross-outs and additions. Whenever I didn't physically have my plan book with me at a workshop or other meeting, I couldn't get into apps and websites.  I knew if I ever lost my plan book,  I'd never remember all of those usernames and passwords.


A couple of years ago, I downloaded a FREE  iPhone app from the App Store that has made my life so much easier! It's called Keeper Password Manager and Digital Vault by Callpod, Inc..   I always have my phone with me, so now,  I always have my usernames and passwords.  For me, that's 58... just related to teaching!  Of course my personal info is stored there too in a different folder.  Keeper is password protected, so no one can get into your private information.   And, yes... you do need to remember that one password!   While the app is free, starting at $9.99 you can back up in other locations aside from your phone, like your PC.  That way, if you lose or damage your phone, you'll still have all of your passwords saved and accessible! 

You can do more with this app like store important documents, but I only use it for my usernames and passwords.  I've had several teachers ask me what app I use and it's definitely worth downloading!

No comments:

Post a Comment