Friday, August 1, 2014

Free 2014-2015 Editable Academic Calendar!



As we approach August, it's time for teachers to start thinking about the upcoming school year and what resources we'll need.   I'm not a fan of the plan books with a calendar that you buy at the teacher store, because I can't easily edit them and they never have what I want in them.  So instead,  I keep a planning binder with a plan book that I created in Microsoft Word.  But, I also need a calendar. So, every August, when I am getting started on my planning for the school year, I download a FREE, editable academic calendar for long term planning and save it to my computer.   I download it from a site called www.calendarlabs.com.   Here's what I like about their calendars:
  • They offer a variety of calendars in different formats, orientations, and starting months.
  • All national holidays are already in the calendars.     
  • They are easy-to-use Microsoft Word (.doc) files 
  • You can use them "as-is" or you can edit the font size, font color, and personalize the header.
  • They are a "minimalist" design and don't have any graphics on them (but you can add them)
  • You can easily share the calendar with teammates via e-mail.
Where my own calendar is concerned, I like it to begin in August, rather than July.  These calendars span 12 months, but you can edit that too.   I use the "portrait" orientation so that it fits well into my planning binder.  I edit the header to put my school name and school year.  Then, I enter all of the school holidays and other school-related dates so that it's ready to use for planning out the school year. I enjoy "cutesy" stuff as much as the next teacher, but where it comes to my planning calendar, I like it very simple.  However, you could add graphics if you want to.  

Here's what a sample page looks like.  I decided to choose June since that month makes me happy! (Sorry for the dark picture.)

 

Here is the link to the Calendar Labs 2014 2015 academic calendars.   I hope that you find this information helpful and have a great school year!









No comments:

Post a Comment